Saturday April 9, 2022 from 9am-10:30am PST
Monday April 11, 2022 from 6:00pm-7:30pm PST
Monday April 18, 2022 from 6:00pm-7:30pm PST
Most of us know what it means to be a good friend - honest, kind, appreciative, supportive, loyal, trustworthy, non-judgement, forgiving, interested, funny, etc.. In good friendships, we can even open up to hearing something we don’t like about ourselves because we feel loved and accepted. We feel like we can show up without hiding parts of ourselves or pretending to be something we are not. In short, we feel accepted, which makes us feel safe and loved.
Brain science shows that when we feel safe, we heal. We become sound and healthy again. From this state of balance and well-being, we can then see situations more clearly and respond to them more accurately with less fear and anxiety getting in the way. Then we can experience our natural joy, confidence and compassion and we can share that with all other beings.
It all begins with developing a sense of maitri (sanskrit) or otherwise known as friendliness towards oneself - Body, mind and spirit.
In this workshop you will:
- Establish an immediate sense of friendliness towards yourself within the first few minutes of our session with the help of your body.
- Learn how curiosity, humor and a light touch are the key ingredients for creating safety.
- Learn the modern science of the ancient wisdom of the Friendliness Practices.
- Get out of your critical and repetitive thinking mind by engaging your body first through movement and somatic, body-based awareness practices.
- Learn how friendliness towards yourself helps you work with pain and difficult emotions.
- Learn the ancient practice of “unconditional” friendliness that creates a sense of safety and relaxation.
- Learn about the research-backed health benefits of loving-kindness meditation done for just a few weeks.
- Gain a collection of tools that you can employ to return again and again to the natural warmth, relaxed and wakeful qualities (aka: friendliness), that are innate to you and all beings.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 12 PARTICIPANTS
SESSIONS ARE HOSTED ON ZOOM
© 2021 Honey In The Temple. All rights reserved.